Are you not interested in telling people about your birthday? This simple article demonstrates how to hide, erase, and prevent your birthday from being displayed on Twitter. You can complete these steps using Twitter for Android, the iPhone app, or a web browser.
Why is it vital to add a birthday on Twitter?
When you add a birthday to your Twitter profile, in addition to receiving birthday wishes from your friends and followers, the company “uses your age to customize your experience, including ads.” For example, if you’re above 18, you may encounter some mature ads that aren’t appropriate for minors.
Can I use my Twitter account without specifying a birthday?
Yes. While it is helpful to have your birth date, month, and year added to your Twitter account, you can use Twitter without them. And if you’ve already added it, you can use your account normally after removing the birthdate. Lastly, if you don’t want strangers to wish you a happy birthday, hiding or removing it from Twitter will prevent this. To hide your birthday on Twitter, follow these steps:
- Log into your Twitter Account: To log in, go to twitter.com and enter your username, email address, and password.
- Access Your Profile Settings: To access the drop-down menu, click your profile image in the top right corner of the screen. From there, choose “Settings and privacy.”
- Go to “Privacy and Safety” Setting: Select “Privacy and Safety” from the left-hand menu.
- Find the “Birthday” Section: Scroll down to the “Birthday” area of the Privacy and Safety settings.
- Adjust your Birthday Settings: If you’ve provided such information, Twitter may automatically display your birthday on your profile. Look for the option to show your full birthday, only the month and day, or hide it completely. Choose the option to hide your birthday.
- Save your Changes: After you’ve made your changes, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Save changes” button to apply them.
That is it! Your birthday should now be hidden on your Twitter profile. If you want to add it again, simply complete the steps outlined above.
Here’s how to hide, change the privacy of, or remove your Twitter birthday post. Aside from that, avoid tweeting stuff like “Just turned 31,” “I attended WWDC three years ago when I was 25,” or any other tweet or photo that directly or indirectly betrays your birthday. Because if you do, anyone may search your Twitter account for your birth date, month, year, and age using the search keywords you specify.
Benefits to Hide your Birthday from your Twitter Profile
- Privacy protection: By concealing your birthday, you prevent strangers or acquaintances from obtaining personal information about you. This reduces the likelihood of identity theft, scams, and other sorts of online exploitation.
- Security enhancement: Cybercriminals may seek to get personal information, such as your birthdate, to exploit security flaws or gain unauthorized access to your accounts. Hiding your birthday provides an additional layer of security against such threats.
- Preventing targeted advertising: Social media networks frequently use personal information, such as birthdays, to target users with ads. By masking your birthday, you can reduce the number of tailored advertising you see, resulting in a less intrusive surfing experience.
- Avoiding unwanted attention: Some users may want to keep their birthdays private to avoid receiving unwelcome attention or messages on their special day. By concealing your birthday, you may keep a low profile and decrease the possibility of unwanted contacts.
- Maintaining a professional image: Depending on how you use Twitter, keeping personal information like your birthdate secret can help you present a more professional image, especially if you use the platform for professional networking or business objectives.
Overall, hiding your birthday on your Twitter profile increases privacy and security while also allowing you to decide the type of information you publish online.