In Pakistan, the acronym BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. It is a four-year degree program with a one-year home job. BDS is a well-known and reputable profession. This degree is expected to be the second most sought-after degree in the area of medicine after MBBS, ensuring a bright future as a Dentist. Enrolling in this BDS medical degree program is extremely challenging and requires a great deal of hard work and study because the merit for BDS is just as high as for MBBS, with hundreds of students applying for admission.
- General Human Anatomy including Histology and Embryology.
- Oral histology and Dental Anatomy.
- General Human Physiology and Biochemistry, Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Dental material
- General and Dental Therapeutics and Pharmacology.
- Oral Microbiology and Oral Pathology.
- General Medicine and General Surgery.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Public Health Dentistry.
Students who wish to become dental surgeons pursue the BDS program. Dental surgery is a rewarding career. It holds tremendous significance in the medical field. This degree leads to an excellent job.BDS and MBBS are both good degrees. After completing this degree, you will be a dental surgeon. It is regarded as the noblest profession in Pakistan. This is especially the study of dental, jaw, and gum problems. BDS is widely practiced in Pakistan.
It advised all students who wanted to enroll in the 5-year BDS program that each university or college has a different merit. Students must, however, achieve the highest possible scores on the MDCAT. MDCAT is necessary for both MBBS and BDS, with modest differences in its benefits. The eligibility criteria for BDS are as follows:
- Minimum (65%) sixty five percent marks in FSC pre-medical / (HSSC) or A-level examination are required.
- Minimum 60% (120/200) marks in National MDCAT 2024 also required.
- There is no minimum and maximum age limit for BDS.
- The additional points are also given to those students who passed the HAFIZ E QURAN test.
Best Universities for BDS in Pakistan
- Faisalabad Medical University
- Rehman College of Dentistry (RCD)
- Margalla Institute of Health Sciences (MIHS)
- Azra Naheed Medical College
- Akhtar Saeed Medical and dental college
- University College of Medicine and Dentistry, PU Lahore
- Lahore Medical & Dental College
- Multan Medical & Dental College,Multan
- Army Medical College Rawalpindi
- Shahida Islam Medical College
- Muhammad Medical College
- UHS lahore
- Islam Medical and dental college,Sialkot