Law is one of the prestigious professional degrees in Pakistan. There is a historical importance of Law in Pakistan as the founder of the country, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, was a renowned lawyer of his times. However, a large number of students ought to join the profession to serve the nation. However, it is essential to know what the LLB degree holds for newcomers today. The article below discusses the scope of LLB in Pakistan with prospects and possible career options.
The Latin name LLB refers to “Legum Baccalaureus.” The future of this five-year undergraduate curriculum in Pakistan is bright. Students can enroll in LLB after completing their intermediate.
In Pakistan, there is no other program for students who want to serve in the judiciary but LLB. Furthermore, this degree has the same stature and reputation in Pakistani society as engineering and MBBS, and it is frequently picked by parents. However, there are a range of BA. LLB courses are available to assist its devotees in gaining recognition.
It takes a lot of work to get into law school, but if you succeed, you will have new employment prospects. The scope of the LLB curriculum can help you get famous jobs.
- Law of contract
- Law of torts
- Criminal Law
- Company Law
- Administrative LawßIslamic Law
- Intellectual property law
- Environment Laws
- Law of Equity & Specific Relief Act
- Qanun-e-Shahadat (1984)
- The Court Fees Act Â (1870)
- Land Laws
- Labor Code
- Banking law
- Public International Law
- Law of Transfer of Property
- Have passed the Laws Entrance Test (LAT) by HEC standards.
- Passed FA/FSc/ICom examinations from a recognized board with a 2nd division.
- Have passed the required O and A Levels and obtained an IBCC equivalence certificate.
When we consider the future scope of the LLB, we must first recognize that we live in a quickly changing world, with improvement and development in every profession. This creates a vast number of options for individuals, including those in the legal profession.
Law employment is established regularly, and lawyers have numerous opportunities during their careers. Aside from private practice, individuals can pursue a career as a division or assistant district attorney.
There are openings for lawyers as advocate general in the High Court and attorney general in the Supreme Court. Many more job prospects exist in the legal field, including public prosecutor, government counsel, business, administrative, and political. More commonly, law students pursue competitive tests and are successful because they know more about the constitution and Pakistani law than the average degree holder. The Scope of LLB in Pakistan.
- Attorney at Law
- Judicial Magistrate
- Assistant Advocate General
- Lecturer in Law College
- Legal Adviser
- Court Reporter
- Additional District & Sessions Judge.
- Public Prosecutor.
- Attorney General.
- Advocate General.
- Investigation Police
- Law Branches of Different Departments
- Excise and Taxation Inspector
- Investigation Agencies (Anti Corruption, NAB, CIA )
- Research Associate (Law)
- Business Law Adviser
Best Universities for LLB in Pakistan
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto University of Law
- Dadabhoy Institute of Higher Education
- University Law College, P.U
- Pakistan College of Law
- Quaid-e-Azam Law College
- Jinnah Law College
- Cornelius Law College, Sargodha (affiliated with Punjab University)
- Sindh Muslim Government Law College