To have a practical understanding of a country’s socio-political and economic systems, one must study its geography, history, politics, economics, and culture in tandem. The goal of delivering a BS (4 years) in Pakistan Studies is to encourage an investigative approach in social sciences paradigms to study Pakistani society and culture, political and economic institutions, history, and geography in an integrated and interdisciplinary manner.
The primary goal of the BS (4 years) Pakistan Studies program is to develop social scientists capable of doing a scientific study on Pakistan’s history, politics, economics, society, and culture. We think that this method would help us grasp the intricacies and challenges involved with the country’s socio-political and economic development.
- Independence Movement and the Creation of Pakistan (1857 – 1947)
- Political and Constitutional Development in Pakistan (1947-1971)
- History of the World Civilization
- Pakistan’s Foreign Policy (1947-1971) Economic Development in Pakistan
- Social Change and Development in Pakistan
- Governance and Politics in Pakistan
- Research Methodology
- Geography and Demographic Profile of Pakistan
- Pakistan’s National Security: External & Internal Dimensions
- Pakistan and World Affairs
Candidates with an Intermediate Certificate (at least in the second division) are eligible to apply for admission to the Bachelor of Science (4 years) Pakistan Studies program.
Pakistan Studies is a broad academic topic that examines Pakistan’s history, culture, geography, demographics, and political system. It is critical for understanding the nation’s progress and position in the global context. A career in Pakistan Studies can lead to a variety of options in Pakistan.
Opportunities for Employment in Pakistan Studies can be found in schools with specific research departments, independent research institutes, and worldwide organizations focused on Pakistan-related concerns. Furthermore, superpowers and worldwide media organizations show a strong interest in Pakistan, creating additional opportunities for individuals educated about the subject.
Best Universities for BS Pak Studies in Pakistan
- University of Science and Technology
- The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
- Ghazi University
- Gomal University
- Government College University
- Allama Iqbal Open University
- Quaid-e-Azam University
- University of Karachi
- Shah Abdul Latif University
- Kohat University of Science and Technology